Target Coupon Policy
Target Store Coupon Policy
Know your store’s coupon policy! Print the coupon policy for the store’s you coupon at and add it to your coupon binder or bookmark this page for easy reference!
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it is easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below to ensure all guests have the opportunity to purchase products at great prices.
Manufacturer and Target Coupons
- Only one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon (paper or digital), and one Cartwheel℠ offer can be combined per item (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- We have the right to refuse, or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason, including if guests’ reoccurring behavior becomes disruptive or the items are deemed not to be for the purpose of using or gifting.
- Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- We do not accept expired coupons.
- All coupons and Cartwheel must be presented to the cashier during checkout and have a scannable barcode. Coupons and Cartwheel offers cannot be applied to previous purchases.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.). Acceptance of unmatched coupons is against policy.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or prohibited by law.
- The value of a coupon will be applied up to the reduced price of the item and any excess value will not be applied to the transaction total.
- We do not give cash back nor do we apply any overages to the remaining items in the transaction if the value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- The sales tax is calculated by using the full value of an item prior to applying a manufacturer coupon. Target coupons reduce the taxable amount of the items to which they apply, unless prohibited by law.
- We cannot accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Some items may not be available at all stores.
- We do not accept counterfeit coupons.
- We accept manufacturer coupons with a scannable GS1 data bar. We do not accept UPC-A coupon barcodes.
- Target coupons, Cartwheel manufacturer coupons, and Cartwheel offers cannot be used on products sold by CVS.
- We do not accept manufacturer coupons with no matching requirements (e.g. 992 family code).
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons with a scannable barcode.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- Only one Category Coupon per guest can be used for any individual category.
- If redeeming more than one coupon for different categories / departments or storewide coupons, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- Percent off Category Coupons will apply to all qualifying items in the transaction. No other same category / department or storewide coupon will apply to those items.
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive coupon value returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.
- Target coupons reduce the refundable amount and coupon value will not be given back upon return of the merchandise.